Tax & Stamp Duty
Tax & Stamp Duty
1. Stamp Duty
Stamp Duty Experts
Our team of stamp duty experts have a wealth of experience in assisting clients with a wide range of stamp duty matters, including but not limited to:
- the transfer of real property
- the transfer of business assets
- the restructuring of business structures
- landholder matters
We provide our clients a complete service, which typically includes:
- advising clients on the stamp duty and tax implications of proposed transactions
- preparing the necessary transfer documents and submissions to the Office of State Revenue (OSR) to effect the transactions
- arranging for the documents to be executed
- lodging the documents at OSR and then Landgate to register the transactions
No Duty On Certain Related Party Transfers
Did you know that the following transfers are exempt from duty:
- from company to shareholder
- from unit trust to unitholder
- from family trust to beneficiary
- from individual to super fund (by contribution, sale or both)
- from super fund to individual
Transfers from company/trust to individual from
$1,200(plus GST & disbursements)
Transfers from individual to super fund from
Transfers from individual to super fund from $1,200
Contact us today for a free consultation on how you can transfer your assets to a more tax friendly investment vehicle, such as your super fund, for minimal stamp duty ($20) and possibly minimal tax implications (through utilising the small business CGT concessions).
2. Tax advice
Comprehensive Tax Advice
Our tax professionals are renowned for providing cost effective solutions for resolving specialised taxation issues and meeting the practical tax compliance needs of a diverse range of clients from individuals to companies through to multinational organisations.
We assist our clients by delivering workable solutions to their tax problems and helping them achieve the best possible tax outcome.
Areas of Expertise
Our team has extensive experience in all areas of tax to ensure your needs are covered, including:
- Capital gains tax (CGT)
- Goods and services tax (GST)
- Fringe benefits tax (FBT)
- Income tax
- Land tax
- Transfer duty
- Pay-roll tax
- all tax exemptions and concessions (e.g. the small business concessions)
- International taxes and treaties
Our tax advice services are 100% tax deductible
3. Tax Debt
Are you suffering financial difficulties and having trouble paying your tax debts?
The good news is that there are options available for you.
Our expert tax lawyers have helped many Australians obtain tax debt relief through:
- negotiating manageable payment plans with the ATO
- obtaining release from a tax debt which have been incorrectly assessed
- obtaining release from a tax debt in circumstances where payment of the debt would result in “serious hardship”
Do I qualify for release from my tax debts?
The ATO considers a person in serious hardship to be an individual who would be left unable to provide food, accommodation, clothing, medical treatment, education and other necessities for themselves, their family, or other people for whom they would normally be responsible.
Anyone can apply for release from certain tax debts, including income tax and associated penalties and interest charges associated with an outstanding tax debt.
How do I apply for release from my tax debts?
Applying for release from your tax debts is done using the appropriate ATO Application form.
You may need to also supply supporting documentation, such as payslips, bank account and credit card statements, plus other evidence to assess whether you are suffering financial hardship.
The ATO takes into account your household income and expenditure, assets and liabilities, and other factors that may affect your situation.
What if my application for release is not successful?
If your application for release from your tax debts is not successful, there are still options available for you to successfully obtain release from your tax debts.
Our expert tax lawyers have assisted many Australians with:
- preparing objections against an ATO decision to deny release from a tax debt; and
- appealing an ATO decision to the Small Taxation Claims Tribunal (no application fee) who determine whether relief should be granted, regardless of the amount involved.
Contact our expert tax lawyers today
on (08) 9322 2256 or at email@example.com
for assistance in obtaining relief from your tax debts.
4. Taxation litigation
Our technical tax experience combined with our extensive litigation experience means we are best placed to deliver excellent outcomes in significant and complex taxation litigation matters.
We have a long standing relationships with a number of accounting firms and have assistedmany private and corporate clients in obtaining the best possible outcome through negotiate advantageous settlements and favourable Tribunal and Federal Court decisions.
Tax investigations & Disputes
Our team has extensive experience in dealing with tax authorities and advising clients at all stages of a tax dispute, including:
- Litigation of taxation related matters at all levels, including applications and appeals to the Administrative Appeals Tribunal and Federal Court
- Representing and assisting in tax audits, tax risk reviews and information requests or demands
- Drafting private ruling requests and objections
- Tax related investigations relating to a variety of taxation issues, including civil and criminal proceedings.
We also have extensive experience representing clients in ATO debt collection matters, including applications to set aside statutory demands, opposing wind-up applications, challenging garnishee notices, contesting Director Penalty Notices and negotiating ATO payment plans.